A successful web design ensures that the visitor easily finds the knowledge he came seeking. The design needs to be in such a way that the information is emotionally appealing, structurally functioning and visually pleasing. Besides being able to satisfy the visitor, the site design should also be equally attracting search engines so that they rank the web site on top of search results. It is rather difficult to satisfy both humans along with search engines as the two of these have different requirements. The trick lies in being able to integrate the requirements both in a website design that is certainly approved by humans along with search engines.
Website designs have three types, namely static, dynamic or CMS and e-commerce websites. Picking out the type of website design depends upon the type of business and feature the business owners. Each one of these website designs can be built on different platforms. Read on to find out more about each type of web design and the platforms used.
1. Static website design-
When you just need a few pages on the website and do not want the info to change, a static design is the foremost bet. The information on the static site remains to be the same and has no changes happening in course of time. Static websites are manufactured in HTML and CSS. They are very easy to develop and therefore are easily indexed by engines like google. However they are weak with regards to completing complex tasks. Another major setback is static websites must be manually updated and that is a time-consuming and monotonous task.
2. Dynamic of CMS web design-
A lively website design can deliver dynamic information. This implies depending on changes happening, your website information would be automatically updated with different few criteria. A dynamic web design usually is built on cms platforms like WordPress, Joomla etc. The sole disadvantage is that this type of website is difficult to build and also is not easily classified by search engines. The different CMS platforms lets start work on these dynamic websites are designed are
· Drupal- Built and used by a lot of very active people worldwide Drupal is an open source content management platform. It is a free system which can be used to build any type of website.
· Joomla- This is the very popular content management system used usually by individuals, small businesses and huge organizations. It is very simple to create a website using Joomla as being a platform.
· WordPress- The most easiest and convenient platform, WordPress is also free to use. You get to find a lot of plugins which will ensure you have the website of your dreams. WordPress is very easy to use and also you can edit information about the website without being HTML gurus.
3. E-commerce website-
In case you run an online business and the website involves sales you should consider an e-commerce website. A great platform remains non messy so helping you take care of all of the technical aspects of the site. There is a multitude of e-commerce platforms from which to choose. A few are discussed below.
· Magneto- An advanced newbie with intentions of making a jumpstart into online selling magneto is a superb consideration. Being free, magneto is free and so has several extensions. Magneto is also SEO ready with makes sure that you have very little try to do.
· OsCommerce- A very popular platform, that is easy to set up and assist. The popularity makes video very common platform which is a downside. However in order to make your website using osCommerce unique, you get a number of add-ons that can easily work.
· OpenCart- This is a free platform together with the advantage of being able to sell unlimited products within a number of categories.
· Volusion- Though it has a small startup prize, volusion has a good collection of designs. However that it is a hosted service and may go down anytime.
There are many more e-commerce platforms like shopify, virtuemart, zeuscart, zencart etc. Choosing any one these wonderful platforms ensures your website performs as required.