A successful website design ensures that the visitor easily finds the info he came searching for. The design needs to be in a way that the information is emotionally appealing, structurally functioning and visually pleasing. Besides being able to satisfy the visitor, the website design should also be equally appealing to search engines so that they rank your website on top of search results. It is very difficult to satisfy both humans as well as search engines as these two have different requirements. The secret to success lies in being able to integrate the requirements of both in a website design which is approved by humans in addition to search engines.
Website designs are of three types, namely static, dynamic or CMS and e-commerce websites. Selecting the type of website design is dependent upon the type of business and requirement of the business owners. All these website designs could be built on different platforms. Continue reading to find out more about each type of website design and the platforms used.
1. Static website design-
Once you just need a few pages in your website and do not want the information to change, a static design is the foremost bet. The information on a static site continues to be the same and has no changes happening in lifetime of time. Static websites are set up in HTML and CSS. They're very easy to develop and so are easily indexed by engines like google. However they are weak in relation to completing complex tasks. Another major setback is that static websites should be manually updated and that is a time-consuming and monotonous task.
2. Dynamic of CMS web design-
An engaged website design can deliver dynamic information. This means depending on changes happening, the website information would be automatically updated according to a few criteria. An engaged web design usually is built on cms platforms like WordPress, Joomla etc. The one disadvantage is that this kind of website is difficult to build and also is not easily listed in search engines. The different CMS platforms lets start on these dynamic websites are made are
· Drupal- Built and utilized by a lot of very active people all over the world Drupal is an open source cms platform. It is a free system which can be used to build any type of website.
· Joomla- This is the very popular content management system used mainly by individuals, small businesses and big organizations. It is very very easy to create a website using Joomla being a platform.
· WordPress- The most easiest and convenient platform, WordPress can be free to use. You get to look for a lot of plugins which will ensure you have the website you have always wanted. WordPress is very simple to operate and also you can edit facts about the website without being HTML gurus.
3. E-commerce website-
In the event you run an online business along with the website involves sales you should consider an e-commerce website. An excellent platform remains non messy and helps you take care of all of the technical aspects of the website. There is a multitude of e-commerce platforms to select from. A few are discussed below.
· Magneto- A high level newbie with intentions of creating a jumpstart into online selling magneto is a good consideration. Being free, magneto is free and so has several extensions. Magneto is additionally SEO ready with makes sure that you have very little work to do.
· OsCommerce- A very popular platform, this really is easy to set up and help. The popularity makes this a very common platform the industry downside. However in order to make your website using osCommerce unique, you recruit a number of add-ons that can easily have the desired effect.
· OpenCart- This is a free platform using the advantage of being able to sell unlimited products inside a number of categories.
· Volusion- Community . has a small startup prize, volusion includes a good collection of designs. But that it is a hosted service which enable it to go down anytime.
There are many more e-commerce platforms like shopify, virtuemart, zeuscart, zencart etc. Choosing any one these wonderful platforms ensures your website performs as required.